Friday, May 2, 2014

Project 1 - Modeling of an Architectural Design (Work in Progress)

The building I chose to construct is a forest ranger retreat house for one user. I chose to construct using Rhino due to its complexity of construction.   


I drew the plan and elevations of my building using Autocad, then imported the file into Rhino for constructing.


Because my walls are not perpendicular to each other, I had to draw them in elevation view then move them to plan for extrusion.  


I also had to rotate my walls to a specific angle using the rotate tool. 


The problem I came across was some of the length of my walls were slightly smaller in elevation view due to the angle of my walls' positioning.


I had to draw the wall surface through elevation then move it to my floor plan and extend it using points editor,only then I extrude them into a solid wall. 


 The screenshot above shows the outcome of my construction of walls.



For the interior wall and the front facade i extruded them through my floor plan. 



The top part of my wall is slightly angled due to my roof design. To overcome this problem, I drew a roof surface and intersect it with the wall, then I split the wall and deleted the unwanted parts. 



I extruded the floor and some of my walls from floor plan and move it to its correct position.







for my ramp, I drew it from the floor plan and slanted it using the 3D rotation tool.



For the roofs, I loft them together and extruded them to form a solid surface.

my final outcome of my model.




the contour of my site is created using Drape tool. But first, I created lines and extruded them into solids, then drape tool overlays them and form a surface.


I converted it into 3ds file and imported it into 3Dstudiomax for rendering.

No comments:

Post a Comment